As a new year begins, January offers the perfect time to consider any property maintenance that may need to be done to your residential or commercial property.
As well as enhancing things aesthetically, fully functioning guttering is vital for protecting the structure and safety of a property.
Why Guttering is so Important
Gutters play a crucial role in protecting your property from water damage. They are designed to direct water away from the foundations, ultimately safeguarding your home from issues like flooding, pests, erosion and mould.
Particularly with the unpredictable weather in the UK, having a reliable gutter system is crucial, one that you know can protect your property at any moment.
Recognising the Signs
Knowing that your gutters need cleaning or fixing is the first step to sorting the problem. The second is booking Blue Sky in. There are some physical signs you can look for to let you know it’s time to call us, like:
- Sagging Gutters: Your guttering should run parallel to your roofline. If they are beginning to drop or pull away, it’s usually due to accumulated debris adding too much weight to the gutters.
- Stains and Mould: Dark streaks or stains on your gutters are another sign things need cleaning. These are often as a result of dirty water overflowing and dropping down the face of the gutter. Mould growth also signifies that water is ever-present.
- Overflowing Debris: If you can see debris sticking out of your gutters, this is an obvious sign it’s full of further debris and time to get the cleaners in.
- Overflowing Water: During heavy rainfall, if water is visibly leaking out of your gutters and/or down your property, it’s likely things are clogged up.
- Interior Damage: In more severe cases, neglected gutters can begin to leak through to your property presenting as things like damp patches or mildew on the ceiling and upper parts of the wall.
Maintaining Guttering Functionality
Even with new or repaired guttering, it’s important not to become complaisant and keep on top of maintenance if you want things to continue running smoothly. To ensure your gutters remain in top condition, we offer maintenance and cleaning service packages, designed to extend the life of your current gutter systems and prevent common issues like blockages and leaks.
Your go-to Guttering Checklist
At Blue Sky, nothing goes overlooked. We use a thorough, step-by-step protocol to ensure every angel of your guttering is covered. This includes things like:
- Cleaning Debris: Removing leaves, moss, mud and other debris likely to cause blockages.
- Checking for Damage: Any cracks, holes or signs of wear-and-tear will be highlighted.
- Re-aligning: Are the angles and alignment as they should be for optimal water flow?
- Downspout Checks: We’ll check all the downspouts are clear and directing water away from foundations.
Trust the Experts for your Guttering
Blue Sky Guttering was founded in 2010. Since then, we have received over 1000 positive reviews on Checkatrade. We’ve looked after everything from homes to hospitals, and farmhouses to schools – so there’s nothing we can’t touch.
Our business was established after realising there were no truly good, reliable gutter repair services out there – so customer service is at our heart.
If we find repairs that need doing in our initial inspections, we will include them in our upfront quote so there’s no nasty surprises.
We can support residential and commercial properties and to us – size doesn’t matter. Big or small we can help, offering a one-stop shop for all your guttering needs.
Start your year right and avoid overflowing with stress later in the year, call Blue Sky Guttering 0800 566 8301.